Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shopping Cart Cups


I'm going to start posting my theories on why I think some cups end up in some common places around Fredericton. 

For instance, the shopping cart coffee cup.

Often times I will find cups in shopping carts, usually abandoned in the middle of an empty parking lot.

What are these people thinking?  That the magic garbage fairy is going whisk this cup off to the garbage can 12 feet away??



I think 1 of 2 things is happening in this photograph.  

1.  A person took a cart to their car to unload some Zellers goodies.   They went to return the cart but didn't want to smoosh the cup between the carts so they took it out and rested it on top of the cart-line hoping that the garbage fairy would grab it because they left their car running, and they're freakin cold!

2. ...or... some jerk was just passing by and didn't want to bring their coffee inside a store, or into their car so they left it here and said "I'm just going to leave this right here, for the garbage fairy".


Is it crazy to think that there should be a $1.00 tax on every non-recycle coffee cup sold in Fredericton?


No comments:

Post a Comment